Thursday, September 25, 2008

4 Steps to a Robot's Tea Party

These are the robots that scour the internet listing website pages and storing them to provide the database for their search results. Yahoo and Google, though, have always taken a long, long time to bother to crawl your website with Googlebot and Inktomi Slurp. Yahoo and Google, and increasingly MSN. Yahoo and Google, and increasingly MSN.

Most search traffic is likely to come from Yahoo and Google, and increasingly MSN. But what can seem worse, not even the search engines are in a hurry to come visiting. No, or very few, visitors come to the site. Millions of new websites, many of them intended to be commercial, are created every year and then…………nothing happens.

Creating a new website is only the first stage in what is a long, arduous process to internet success.
It's become like a From that day, GoogleBot, Inktomi Slurp and more recently MSNBot have been meeting every day, sometimes several times a day, on that website. They had both been before, but only briefly and intermittently for the couple of months I had been developing that website. From that day, GoogleBot, Inktomi Slurp and Googlebot were crawling my relatively new site within hours. They had both been before, but only briefly and intermittently for the couple of months I had been developing that website.

From that day, GoogleBot, Inktomi Slurp and Googlebot were crawling my relatively new site within hours. They had both been before, but only briefly and intermittently for the couple of months I had been developing that website. From that day, GoogleBot, Inktomi Slurp and Googlebot were crawling my relatively new site within hours. They had both been before, but only briefly and intermittently for the couple of months I had been developing that website. When I first tried this method last December, 2004, Yahoo's Inktomi Slurp and Googlebot were crawling my relatively new site within hours.

Yahoo have, for a long time, offered a quick way to get the search engine robots coming to your new site quickly.
I had a new site I had been revamping from my original draft, and wanted to get quick results, and I was not to be disappointed. I kept it on my mind for several months before I decided to do something about it in December. I had read about Blogging, and the effects on search engine robot behaviour, in the middle of 2004. Well, it's not really a secret.

What, then, is the secret?
Here are the steps that I took to entice GoogleBot, Inkomi Slurp and MSNBot:
When signing up, ensure you give the correct details of your website and the access details Blogger will need to place on your website an HTML file and an Atom/XML file of your Blog. I signed up at Blogger.com to create a new Blog. 1.
Try to use the best keywords for your website in the titles of this and subsequent posts. Write your first Blog and post it. 2.
3. Go to Feedburner.com. This is not an essential step, so you can skip it if you prefer. I use Feedburner for all my feeds. Feedburner will convert your feed (Blog) into the most suitable format for the reader, depending on which RSS viewer they are using. While RSS is not new, the ways in which it can be displayed are still in a state of evolution. Let Feedburner keep up with those developments and display your feed in the most appropriate way. Also, Feedburner provides some useful statistics.
More people are latching on to this idea now, and there is no guarantee that this method will still be as effective when you read this. Don't be too concerned if they are not as quick as they were in my case. Inktomi Slurp and Google should come visiting your website very quickly. Make sure you submit your Blog url (or Feedburner url if appropriate) to My Yahoo and Google first, followed by as many of the others as possible.

Go to http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/ where you will find a list of RSS/Blog directories. 4.
How to Keep the Search Engine Robots Coming to Your Website
There are many more, though, for you to choose from. I like http://www.ezinearticles.com/ , and I use them for my own articles and to find others. If you just do a search for "article directory xxxxxx" (xxxxxx being your subject or keyword), you are sure to find some very quickly.

You can find many article directories on the net. This can be done with your own original articles, or the articles of others who have agreed to syndicate their work. Having baited the robots to visit your website, it is now up to you to keep them coming back, so they will by attracted to your site too.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Kiwi' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008