Thursday, October 16, 2008

Can't Stop Smoking, Start Drinking Tea!

Let me start off by saying, that this is not an article about how to stop smoking. In a way, it is quite the opposite. Whether it is a pipe, cigar, or cigarettes, some of us have found that we are smokers. Maybe you have attempted to quit, and maybe you haven't cared enough to try. Either way, the truth remains, "I am a smoker." If this sounds familiar, then you I write this for you.
It came to me one afternoon, when I was trying to fight off a sore throat, and I held my pipe in my left hand, and searched for my lighter with my right…I shouldn't be doing this. I have had this sore throat for a week, and I can't stop smoking.
And more importantly, was now able to balance the scales. Though this moment was quick, it was important, as it was then that I accepted my fait. Well, the truth was the truth, and I really didn't have intentions of stopping…Slowing down, yes; stopping, no.
Smoking makes you look old, smoking causes cancer, smoking smells, smoking makes your teeth yellow, and a million other STOP SMOKING ads rushed through my head…
I accepted them all…
Ok, now what…Well, I began to think. With a sore throat nagging me at the moment, I decided to attack this enemy first. Mouth wash, medicine, vitamins; I found these were all good ideas. But although I was helping the issue, my throat still hurt, and I was beginning to cough.
Perhaps the coughing was a blessing in disguise as I reached for cup of tea to help stop a fit of coughs. The steam helped me breathe, and the hot water cleared my throat. If nothing else, this experience got me thinking.
I looked further into the matter, as I of course stepped up my tea intake.
I found out that drinking tea, Rooibos Tea and Jasmine Green Tea in particular, will help me to relax (calming down my nerves), contain large amounts of anti oxidants to fight against the increased level of free radicals in my body from smoking (the cause aging skin and of course, Cancer), clean my body of toxins, help me breathe, and help my previously mentioned sore throat. I looked at this list, and the STOP SMOKING ads returned…
And as I end this article with no promises, I will restate a simply written statement that proves itself time and time again, "Drinking tea is a good idea…" And NO, I do not think drinking tea will protect me from all ailments, or that I will never get sick again, or I will avoid any other ill drawn fait that may await me, but with certain facts that I had to accept, I can only do my best to minimize the damage. From personal experience, I have found that tea helps. Could it be that a pot of tea was a helpful accessory walking down this smokey path??

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Kiwi' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008